Today my group presented our consulting project about Alterra Pest Control. We met the night before and practiced our presentation and worked for several hours. Then this morning we met at 8am to print and practice some more. I felt very prepared to present, but was still so nervous. In my presentation, I forgot to have someone read the quote on the PowerPoint. I also forgot some of my points I practiced. I said a lot of filler words. Those things are mainly just because of nerves. I think presenting would much more enjoyable if we weren't being graded. I am not a fan of being graded on presentations. It makes me present less effectively and to me it feels like we are graded on our personalities. Some people are more natural presenters than others. But, I know it is a part of school and we have to work on presenting. Presenting is a very important skill that everyone will need to use at some point in their life. I need to work on not using filler words. For me it might be best if I memorize my a script a little more so that I don't use filler words.
Next class I get to do my individual presentation about how to use Google+ for business. I think this topic will be more enjoyable to present about. But I have a lot of work to do in just two days to get ready. This presentation we will be using flip charts. This is going to be interesting because the first time I had ever seen one was last week in class. Hopefully I can learn how to use them properly for my presentation and not look like a fool. This will give me more practice to implement what I learned from my group presentation.
No comments:
Post a Comment