Thursday, January 9, 2014
Getting Started
Hey there! This is my first blog I have made. My sisters and I have a blog we created to share recipes, but honestly I have never used it because I never took the time to learn how. And I am a huge Pinterester! Anyways, the reason for making this is for an assignment for my MCOM class. I am excited to learn! We are supposed to talk about something new we have learned each week in class. Today in class I learned that communication is only 7% verbal. That is crazy to me! Why does it not matter what I say? To me this means that how we are dressed, how we use our hands, and how we talk determine what people think of us more than the words coming out of our mouth. If I show up somewhere, anywhere in sweats and my wear in a bun no one will take me seriously or want to talk to me. So on Sunday my husband and I have been asked to speak in Sacrament. Can I get away with blabbering on about what I did this weekend, if I dress nicely and act like I know what I am talking about? Probably not. I do have to talk about my topic which is "New Beginnings." If I act confident up on the podium and come prepared, then I believe people will be interested in what I have to say. My goal is to try to keep my audience's attention and not bore them to tears. I am going to look nice and focus on my nonverbal cues more than just on what I have to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment