In class, my group presented on the information in chapter 4 from our textbook. Watching yourself present is really embarrassing. I think at least. I don't like hearing my voice. Some of the feedback I was given was to speak louder. To fix this I need to go into my presentation with more energy. I naturally speak softer and I know that so I need to make a conscious effort to increase my volume. Sometimes I feel like I am yelling but it is normal to everyone else.
Also in the beginning of my presentation I was rocking back and forth as I did the introduction but then when I was presenting my part I stood still. I think in the beginning I was more nervous and we didn't practice the beginning part as much so I wasn't as confident in what I was going to say.
Lastly, I referenced to my slides a good amount because they were diagrams I was talking about. And sometimes I would point with my opposite arm and reach across my body. That doesn't look good. I need to remember and practice pointing with my correct arm. Or stand on the side that is more comfortable and automatic.
Overall this was a fun experience. I think this is the best way to actually improve presenting because we can see what we are doing wrong. It's one thing to be told what you are doing and another to actually watch it.
No comments:
Post a Comment