Saturday, February 22, 2014
Interviewing
This week in class we had a guest speaker. She gave us great advice on interviewing. One of her pet peeves is when she asks the interviewee if they have any questions for her and they say no. She told us that we need to research the company and find out about projects they are working on. It's important to look knowledgable. We need to show them that we belong there and can provide beneficial input. I had never thought about this before. In many interviews I have been in, I have not asked questions. I had no idea that was a bad thing. But usually when I got home I did have questions I just could not think of them on the spot. So next time I will prepare questions ahead of time so I don't get caught off guard. Knowing how to interview well is huge skill we must work on. Just having an outstanding resume won't get you the job. You must be able to stand out in a crowd and be remembered by the interviewer. With some practice and more advice, hopefully I will get better at interviewing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment