Today I did an online mock interview with a classmate to get some practice. I have done this once before and I got the job from it, but I definitely prefer interviews in person. I get very distracted looking at the computer because I want to look the person in the eye but by doing that you aren't looking into the camera so it doesn't look like you are looking at them. It is a hard task for me.
My computer worked fine, but on his computer I was a black screen. Once again computer issues can arise that you do not expect. We continued through it because we could still hear each other, but if it was a real interview it might have caused a problem.
A mistake I made was that I didn't send him my resume in a pdf format. My resume was all off for him. That would look really bad in an interview. I need to save a copy in a pdf to prevent from doing that again. I need to work on better eye contact as well.
Overall I thought it was a good learning experience, I asked him if he had any questions and he did not think I would do that so he hesitated a moment. It helped both of us to remember to form questions ahead of time. We both had good professionalism throughout the interview so we were able to feel like it was a real situation.
Jordan Michaelson--5
No comments:
Post a Comment