Thursday, March 13, 2014

Researchhh

Probably one of my most least favorite things ever about school is research papers.  We got assigned a briefing article which is a research paper condensed down to one page.  This can be difficult condensing all the information into one page.  But it can be done.

When I think of research, I think of endlessly searching through articles that do not apply to exactly what I want.  It takes so much time to find the articles that you want.  Research is just so time consuming.  But, the librarian said the reason most people do not like research is because they spend too much time doing it.  I 100% agree with her.  I do spend too much time.  She then went one to teach us ways to improve our research.  She showed different cites that are helpful.  She taught to us words like "and," "or," and "not."

This did cut a lot of time off of my research.  I have all my research and my paper is coming along smoothly. Hopefully I will be done soon.  My next dilemma is citing all of my sources properly.  That is an intimidating task in itself, at least for me.

1 comment:

  1. So much of my time researching goes unused. I spend all this time going through sometimes good, sometimes bad articles and often they just miss the mark for what I am exactly looking for. Finding the ones I exactly need can be time consuming...at least the way I do it! So true!

    ReplyDelete